Thursday, December 18, 2008

Waiting for Packages

I have had my week broken up by the daily knocking on the door by the UPS man. He jokes and says, "If it were not for you, I'd be out of a job." All though there are plenty of places to shop here, (the mall is 2 blocks away) I have found that the best deals have been found on Amazon.com. Especially with the free shipping deals!

The children are excitedly awaiting the packages from Grandma and Grandpa. I am hoping to visit the Post Office tomorrow to send off the last of our presents. I was told a certain item would be in my hands by the 12th. But, alas, it has yet to arrive. Hopefully, it will show tomorrow. I want to make certain everyone has their gifts by Christmas.

Tonight, we went to Savannah's play at Eagleridge Enrichment Center. It was short, sweet, and filled with good music. Savannah did a wonderful job singing. She was quite expressive on stage. (Sorry, we forgot to bring the camera.) We have been very impressed with the school. In fact, Savannah and Shane will be taking a few on-line classes through the program starting in January. They offer, Language Arts, Science, Math, and Social Studies. Shane will be taking Science and Language Arts. And, Savannah will be taking Math, Language Arts, and Science. The curriculum is free and we will have the benefits of having an on-line teacher to assist us. It is a program that uses both on-line and workbook activities. The children have been busy the last two days taking pre-assessment tests to see where they should be placed. We will pick up the books tomorrow. Tomorrow is their last day of school until Jan 5th. Another nice feature is that Savannah will be able to do her schoolwork easily while she is visiting Illinois.

Well, I have a small tot whom is having a hard time falling asleep. I must go, but I send out lots of love and hugs to all my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment